It’s hard work being a CNA. You have to be strong both physically and emotionally to give the best care to your patients. In honor of National Nursing Assistants Week (June 11-18), we are devoting some time to celebrating CNAs in general and our employees in particular.
Here are the top 5 things we love about you, our CNAs:
1. You make being a patient a little less scary. Nursing homes, hospitals and hospice care are not pleasant places to be. As a CNA, you improve the experience with your personal attention and compassion. When you help your patient navigate the frightening world of medical intervention, he or she is more equipped emotionally and likely to heal faster.
2. You are vital to the daily operations of medical facilities. Without CNAs, facilities would not be able to run smoothly. Your attention to detail, basic care services and assistance to both nurses and patients are the cornerstones of healthcare. And we know you perform these basic tasks with a smile on your face and a friendly word to everyone!
3. You ease the burden of old age. As the population of the U.S. gets older, diseases and conditions related to old age are becoming more common. Senior citizens are in need of more care than ever before and children and grandchildren can’t provide all the help needed. That’s where you come in, ensuring that the elderly are properly cared for and easing loneliness and pain.
4. You are selfless. Coming into work day in and day out and doing the hardest jobs can be quite a challenge. But you leave your personal problems at home and roll up your sleeves to give the best care to your patients with compassion and gentleness. Patients know they can count on you no matter what and they trust you to take good care of them under all circumstances.
5. You are the bridge between patients and doctors and nurses. As a CNA, the most vital information is at your fingertips. You report to physicians and nurses on the patient’s physical and emotional condition. You also explain doctor’s orders to your patients and make sure they are cooperating with the medical team’s instructions. You’re usually the first one to spot a problem and the first one to report it.
For all these reasons – and many more – we at Towne Nursing are deeply appreciative of the work you do. To show our appreciation, we are offering a special promotion to all our CNAs for the rest of the week! Check your inbox to find the information about this cool deal and pick up your coupon code. If you’re a Towne employee but aren’t getting our emails, sign up now to start receiving them.